Single user license for development purposes

G

Hi,
I recently downloaded Linux so I could learn PHP/MySQL with Apache. Lots of fun but time consuming and my main focus is on web design not server technology. I use Macromedia products

I would love to use PHP/MySQL with DWMX but understand that I need to run on a Windows Server

Is there a single user license that I could purchase instead of the full-blown server software package
I am the only one using the computer and I upload sites once they get running.
I have a dial up connection so don't need any of the bells and whistles for firewalls or server security, just the basic server software so I can work on websites. The only time I'm online with that pc is to upload webs

I currently have WindowsXP pro on one computer and windows 2000 on an older desktop.

If I do install the server software can I develop websites on that pc or do I have to network another computer to the server for development purposes

Thanks for any feedback. Leesa @ Love It Simple . com

G

Thank you very much! The $400 is reasonable for development. Just couldn't see paying full price for something I won't be using. Leesa

Ask a Question