Simply

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
More of a supplier to Corporations and the like rather than a store for the enthusiast. They only sell Generic RAM for instance. I bought my first bundle of bits to build my first system from these people, a 386. Back then they were absolute crap.

Since then they've improved a helluva lot. I had what I thought was a faulty CPU, phoned them, they exchanged it no probs. In fact it turned out the mobo was faulty and they exchanged that as well. Actually gave me a RAID version of my Abit KT-7 when I'd only bought vanilla flavour. Whoo-hoo :spin:

Some of their prices are good, others are ridiculously non-competitive.

What I used to like about them was I could collect stuff from their trade counter, they're not too far from me. But they're mail order only now so I don't buy there anymore cos I can find better prices with countless other mail order companies.

Reaction score
Service from this site was quick and prices competitive. However, I bought an IBM Deskstar 60GB harddisk from them which went faulty about 9 months later. Website sugests contacting the manufacturer in the first instance.

I contacted IBM and they replaced the faulty unit after running their disk health check software which confirmed the fault. Replacement lasted two months and it gave up the ghost as well. Replaced OK by IBM again. After two more replacements I decided enough was enough. A check on the Web confirmed I wasn't the onlu one having this problem.

When contacting Simply with my problem who sugested going to IBM who would replace the faullty unit, I sugested my money back or a replcement of different manufacture(as I was entitled to do under the supply of goods Act) - Simply just did not want to know and gave me the run arround. In the end I solved the problem by buying a replacement elsewhere.

The moral of all this is if its a good price you want, Simply is competitive. If you have a problem - tough. My advice is simply go elswhere - I will never buy anything from them again.

Reaction score
I once bought a USB 2.0 card from them which was not clearly labeled as being designed for smaller cases only, although it was meantioned. I called up and explain the problem and was given a RMA and returned the item, refund was in my account in a couple of days. The member of stall I contacted was very helpful.

Ask a Question