• Silver

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Green

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Custom

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You can set Windows XP Back to the classic boxed-like gray if you want... (like windows 2000)

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
I was using CustomXP for a totally custom XP look, but it wouldn't work after XP SP2 was installed.

Now I use the silver theme from XP.

Umm thats what you get for installing SP2 -- Bet $10.00 that you lost all restore points before instalation of SP2 and lost your hotfixes.

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
You can set Windows XP Back to the classic boxed-like gray if you want... (like windows 2000)

I'm using Windows XP at the moment (with Windows Classic)

...I was wondering (and asking) about Windows Longhorn ;)

Reaction score
Raje said:
Umm thats what you get for installing SP2 -- Bet $10.00 that you lost all restore points before instalation of SP2 and lost your hotfixes.

SP2 is well worth installing :) - And you'll probably find a patch for CustomXP if you look hard enough :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Silver for me. my monitor's got a silver frame, so it seemed the logical choice!

Reaction score
Here is my desktop...

I don't know why i have that background, i don't use linux!

untitled22dm.jpg

KGB

Reaction score
Heres mine, my desktops a state at the moment, and i have a new wallpaper every week, usually always from airliners.net - great site.

Current wallpaper isn't my favourite so will change it soon i think. Prefer big jets!

Need to sort my icons out!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen.JPG
    Screen.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 277

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I must admit i do find it interesting to see how many, and which icons people keep on their desktops. I think it says lots about the individuals.

Reaction score
i'm liking those shiny MS Office 2003 icons :D , unfortunatly i'm stuck with 2002 as it cost's so much to upgrade , but i'll get some day!

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah ... but the licence run's out as soon as finish college / uni

plus the student version doesnt include Access and a few other programs.

i've thought about it in the past , but i'd rather just spend a bit extra and get the professional edition

Reaction score
it's not really to do with that though, upon validating your licience they ask you for your Student ID , as soon as that expires your licience automatically expire's

if i wasent bothered about the legal side of thing's i would easily get a 'copy' from a friend , but as with all my other software i'd prefer it to be completey legal

Reaction score
I like the classic Windows too.

How do those people with such messy desktops (icons everywhere) ever find what they're looking for?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I have a custom theme called "XP Royale" its like the blue one, but alot shinier. Its an official windows theme, but i forgot where i stumbeled across it. I think it was from a Windows XP Plus pack.

attachment.php

Attachments

• XP Royale.JPG
    XP Royale.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 150

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have the student version, it has a license for three computers and you dont enter any information it validates itself

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This thread is not about Office pricing ...

Hey people ... stay on topic please. ;)

If you need to, start a new thread. :thumb:

Ask a Question