Signature changes font of last line of template

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently been moved from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 and have been spending time re-setting up my templates.

One difference I am having problems with is that my default signature is being added when I open my templates - this didn't happen in Outlook 2003. I have searched on lots of forums and see that there is a way of changing this but it requires a change to the registry - something I am not allowed to do, unfortunately.

So, I have changed my templates so that they don't include a signature or a sign-off so that when I open a template my signature is added - this is fine except this changes the last line of my template to an incorrect font - Times New Roman 12 instead of Arial 10. I have played around with this for quite some time and have noticed the following:
- This only occurs when opening templates if I open a new mail message I have two blank lines in Arial 10 and then my signature.
- If I add an extra blank line at the end of my template and then open it I get all my template text in the correct font, two blank lines (both in Times New Roman 12) and then my signature.

Having searched on multiple forums I have learnt that on blank e-mails the signature will have two blank lines before it, this is fine I just need to know why the font is changing - I have tried changing as many font default options to Arial 10 but suspect I may have forgotten one which is causing this issue?!?

Sorry if I haven't explained this very clearly but if anyone could help I'd be most grateful!

Thanks,

Emmy

Reaction score
Emmy,

I moved away from templates and use Quick Parts. You can build a library and add them as modules so you do not have a bunch of templates, you have a bunch of reusable modules.

I created a few different signatures so I have more flexibility than just new, reply, or forward. I created a bunch of tables with project team names, agendas, meeting headers, and a few Smart Art graphics. I am less impressed with the Smart Art as they tend to change if the recipient uses a different version.

Quick Parts is on the insert menu on the ribbon. I use it in 2007 and 2010.

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
Hi Stoneboysteve,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I'm not sure I can use QuickParts as I use my templates with Outlook VBA - I've spent a lot of time automating a whole bunch of e-mails.

This works really well for me except for the problem I mention.

Emmy

Ask a Question