side-by-side

Antonie Bakker

How do I get rid of the side-by-side configuration is incorrect, is there
any body out there that can explain it, thank you.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Antonie,
We need to see more information from you as to what you are seeing?
When do you see this error message? At boot? When you logon? When you
start an APP? Random popup?
Where do you see this error message? Pop-up? Event Message? Error Dialog?
What is the exact string of the error message?
Are you programing or installing Visual Studio for example?
It's more common when programming or from an application.

Here is a description of Side-by-Side Assemblies
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374029(VS.85).aspx

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "Antonie Bakker" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: side-by-side
|> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:54:35 -0600
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
|>
|> How do I get rid of the side-by-side configuration is incorrect, is
there
|> any body out there that can explain it, thank you.

Steve Easton

A side by side error is "normally" displayed when starting an application that has an incorrect manifest file
used to enable XP and Vista styles, or by a manifest that is embedded in an application, and the manifest
"resource" did not have the proper byte count.
For a manifest embedded as a resource in a Visual Basic application, the byte count of the manifest resource
must be evenly divisible by 4.