Shut down error

Steve

Just reinstalled XP pro but now when I try to shut down
the "puter" it reboots instead.I tryed shutting of auto
restart and now I get the message "A problem has been
detected...if this is your first time...reboot,check for
adequit disk space..I've got lots,Technical
info:STOP:0x0000007e
0xc0000005,0xf894adab,0xf8a219b4,0xf8a216b4)
nv_agp.sys-address f894adab base at f894a000, Datestamp
3d7903e1"Any help out there for me?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"STOP 0x0000007E" Error Message After You Upgrade to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330182&Product=winxp

TROUBLESHOOTING STOP ERROR MESSAGES
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

[Courtesy of James A. Eshelman, MS-MVP]

Troubleshooting Stop Errors
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/win_xp_stop.htm

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Steve" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| Just reinstalled XP pro but now when I try to shut down
| the "puter" it reboots instead.I tryed shutting of auto
| restart and now I get the message "A problem has been
| detected...if this is your first time...reboot,check for
| adequit disk space..I've got lots,Technical
| info:STOP: 0x0000007e
| 0xc0000005,0xf894adab,0xf8a219b4,0xf8a216b4)
| nv_agp.sys-address f894adab base at f894a000, Datestamp
| 3d7903e1"Any help out there for me?

Alex Nichol

Steve said:
Just reinstalled XP pro but now when I try to shut down
the "puter" it reboots instead.I tryed shutting of auto
restart and now I get the message "A problem has been
detected...if this is your first time...reboot,check for
adequit disk space..I've got lots,Technical
info:STOP:0x0000007e
0xc0000005,0xf894adab,0xf8a219b4,0xf8a216b4)
nv_agp.sys-address f894adab base at f894a000,

Looking up the code 7E at http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
indicates a fault in code - probably a driver, and nv_agp suggests part
of the driver set for an NVidia video card, so I would go to
www.nvidia.com and get the latest drivers which *They* advise for XP -
and avoid getting video drivers especially from Windows Update