Should I delete this file?

J

Julia DeGraf

I'm sure I've got a virus. I've looked online but none of the recent/current ones sound quite like what I have.

I'm having problems with viewing and sending email attachments in Outlook Express, can't launch IE, and am even having problems with programs (e.g., Excel) freezing .

I've scanned with Norton Antivirus and nothing comes up as infected, but when I tried Trend Micro's free HouseCall scan, it told me the following file was infected and uncleanable:

securityID=816093-MS03-011&privacyAPI32=x401.html

Is it safe to just delete this file?

Thanks for any help.

Julia

D

David H. Lipman

Replied to in; alt.comp.virus.

Please note the charter for this News Group requires plain text posts not HTML posts.

Dave

I'm sure I've got a virus. I've looked online but none of the recent/current ones sound
quite like what I have.

I'm having problems with viewing and sending email attachments in Outlook Express, can't
launch IE, and am even having problems with programs (e.g., Excel) freezing .

I've scanned with Norton Antivirus and nothing comes up as infected, but when I tried Trend
Micro's free HouseCall scan, it told me the following file was infected and uncleanable:

securityID=816093-MS03-011&privacyAPI32=x401.html

Is it safe to just delete this file?

Thanks for any help.

Julia

Ask a Question