Should I be the first to bring it up? Concerning PS3

Reaction score
It has been a while since we had a heated controversial conversation so I think I will start one ;)
It may not be the correct place to discuss it, but that is all we are doing. So here goes!

Is anyone following the saga of SONY PS3 vs the People?

Rumour has has it the main Master firmware key code has been leaked now, maybe by someone dismissed by Sony themselves..

This opens up a massive scope for 'The People' to improve on certain aspects of their homebrew kits and updates.

Anyone have a take on it?

What are your opinions?

Is it about time Sony had a kick in the backside? After all they did release an update to prevent 'The people' from installing Linux even though they advertised the fact they could.

While I have nothing to do with this, I do believe Sony are being spoilt children. They are spending literally millions of dollars a month to prevent this from happening. They are saying the term 'PS3' Logo is copyrighted and is soley for use by them only and is their intellectualy property branding - However, I have not once anywhere seen the 'registered or copyrighted' logo on any or their emblems.

Anyone else have a say?

Or is it just me thinking loud?
Do they deserve to be ripped off?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"After all they did release an update to prevent 'The people' from installing Linux even though they advertised the fact they could."

If they were honest and straight then no they do not deserve to be ripped of. Honesty and decency is always the best path to follow.

However as they have acted like a bunch of toerags then they deserve everything that comes to them.

I don't understand why folk buy semi-skimmed milk or PS3's but then there are some very strange folk in the world.

;)

Reaction score
roflmao

I actually prefer semi to full fat. Not because of label but I prefer the taste. I find full too creamy and it goes off quicker

Anyway back to subject ;)

They released the console advertising the fact Linux could be installed by the owner. When people started using this option to run their homebrew kits Sony decided in the next update to disallow the use of Linux.

Many took them to court ( not knowing all details) sueing Sony on the premise that they had sold a console with a option then defaulted on that option at a later date preventing people from using it.

Sony lost and had to pay out huge compensation Apparently

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The judge should have made Sony honour their original agreement and made them release new firmware to put the PS3's back to how they were sold. That would have made Sony weep more than a few fine they could afford to pay. :D

Reaction score
What they had to do was refund 50% of the money back to the registered people who complained.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
What they had to do was refund 50% of the money back to the registered people who complained.

Must have been Judge Dread then
laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
semi-skimmed milk has more calcium & less fat and is therefore a "healthier" option to full-fat or that other stuff, white water.

as for the PS3, what the hell is that?

:wave:

Ask a Question