SHIFT Key Does Not Override the Automatic Logon Setting (826397)

G

I have two laptops with the AutoAdminLogon & ForceAutoLogon values set to 1. The IgnoreShiftOverride value is set to 0. I have rebooted both laptops for over two hours holding down the shift key and have not been able to get around the automated logon. I found the KB article on Microsoft's site that might apply to me: 826397. How can I get the fix? Why isn't it available publicly?

G

Never mind. I got in touch with MS Professional Support.

[rant]However, it really sucks that this feature was broken in XP Pro and a tested patch has not yet been publicly released. The KB article is from this past September! Many companies are told to go to XP for the security features which are needed in a kiosk environment but once the computer is locked down, it can't be administrated due to this problem. This is just another push towards an alternative that is more responsive to problems.[/rant

Have a good day!

D

David Candy

It probably tells you exactly how to get it. The number of prople that can't understand explicit instructions is incredable. It hasn't been tested on tens of thousands of machines.

Ask a Question