Shhh keep ya mouth shut tight. Alexa listening!!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Laughing.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'll worry when they give it arms & legs, and God forbid, AI.

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have Google Home, only time its gone off without me asking is when someone says that phrase on the TV/Radio etc.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The latest Alexa add-on...………………

Ear.JPG

:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The problem with these devices is that they don't have the processing power to figure out what you're saying, it has to be recorded and sent to a place that does. Once your data is flying around that's when problems happen. I'd maybe be tempted to get one if that wasn't the case (ie the device was stand-alone) but that won't be happening any time soon, the tech isn't there yet.

All my friends have got one, and I just can't get past the creepy feeling... :rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd really like to find out more about this if any info is released!

I have Google Home, only time its gone off without me asking is when someone says that phrase on the TV/Radio etc.

I often wonder about this - as radio adverts often have things that are clearly meant to provoke Alexa/Google Home into doing something. I get that it's a funny thing to happen... once. But you'd think they'd now use their brain and stop using those phrases on TV/Radio!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its quite funny sometimes, I've been sat there watching TV and all of a sudden she pipes up saying something in reply, Its my fault for putting it next to the TV! :fool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@Ian enjoys trolling my brother's Amazon Echo in his broadest Geordie accent :D

Ask a Question