Shell32.dll version 6.0

Brian

I have written an application that utilizes some of the
shell32 functionality. Once the app is depolyed to a W2K
box, not all of the functionality exsist. I began the
long search of determining why and found that this
particular PC had an older version (5.0) of the
shell32.dll. I tried to locate an SP that brought the PC
up to date with no avail. I then began to look for
something similar to the vcredist for VB, that does not
exsist either. Finally, I used wise installer to create
an installation that checked the needed dll's and ocx's
for version compatiability. This failed due to the
several dependency's of other dll's the shell32.dll had.
Any suggestions on how to bring these systems up to date
would be appreciated. Or if this version of the dll will
not run on past versions of windows that info would be
great also.

Brian

Mark Blain

[...]

Are you sure that ANY Win2K systems have shell32.dll version 6.0?

This page seems to indicate that you need Windows XP to get shell32.dll
version 6.0:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../platform/shell/programmersguide/versions.asp>

This one refers to "version 6.0 Shell (Windows XP)":
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...e/shell_int/shell_int_programming/taskbar.asp>

Take a look at the drastic difference in file sizes cited here:
<http://groups.google.com/[email protected]>

Finally, try asking in news:microsoft.public.win2000.developer

Mark Blain

Are you sure that ANY Win2K systems have shell32.dll version 6.0?

This page seems to indicate that you need Windows XP to get shell32.dll
version 6.0:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../platform/shell/programmersguide/versions.asp>

This one refers to "version 6.0 Shell (Windows XP)":
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...e/shell_int/shell_int_programming/taskbar.asp>

Take a look at the drastic difference in file sizes cited here:
<http://groups.google.com/[email protected]>

Finally, try asking in news:microsoft.public.win2000.developer

CONFIRMED: See Microsoft's own DLL Help Database (with thanks to
Lockergnome and Puget Sound Software Websites)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp

Windows XP & Windows Server 2003 are the only operating systems
identified with 6.0 versions of shell32.dll.