shared grpahics memory

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got a toshiba laptop with ATI radeon 7000 with 64k shred memory but was told by some of my friends that this is rubbish, if i upgrade my memor to 1mb will this increase the grahpics memory?

the laptop details are:

intel celeron 335 2.8Ghz proc
533 Mhz FSB
256k cache
256 mb ram
40 gb HDD
DVD RW super multi drive
win xp professional
64 mb ATI radeon intergarted graphics (shared)

my friends are telling me to send this back & get a P4 desktop with ATi Radeon 9250SE 128k of ram

can you tell me if i can do the above?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
both onboard graphics are very dated, which is fine if you wont do any gaming on it.
but if you do play games on it then i would suggest to go with a 9700 radeon mobile for budget.
if you got the cash then go for a 6800 GO (but that reqiures a whole new laptop)
acutally i not even sure if you can upgrade graphics on a laptop! wait for KGB.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
for a general laptop its not bad but dont expect to be able to use it for gaming, you need more RAM at least 512MB or more as the graphics will steal some of it

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for the replies, im not gonna do any gaming at all, not into that, just burn a few DVD's & Cd's, i was thinking of sending it back & getting a desktop with ATI Radeon 9250SE with dedicated 128k of ram.

what do you think?

Ask a Question