shared calendar meeting organizer

ladyofpern

We have a shared calendar the tracks all of our conference rooms. When
a meeting is created on this public calendar whoever opens it to see
who set up the meeting now becomes the "meeting organizer". This is a
problem because the reason someone would look for that information is
to see if they can get access to the room.

I know if the meeting is set up on a personal calendar and copied to
the public calendar the person originating the meeting is the
organizer. Does anyone know of a way to make public calendar hold onto
the information?

Any help would be appreciated.

Figures nobody answered this one. We have the same problem. Looks like
nobody at Microsoft knows either. Sigh. If you receive a response, please
let me know.

Thanks.

Milly Staples - MVP Outlook

Because you are using a kludgy method in the first place to book resources -
that is why no one will answer you.

See here for better and supported methods for resources:
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.asp

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Christine Lisi asked:

| Figures nobody answered this one. We have the same problem. Looks
| like nobody at Microsoft knows either. Sigh. If you receive a
| response, please let me know.
|
| Thanks.
|
| "ladyofpern" wrote:
|
|| We have a shared calendar the tracks all of our conference rooms.
|| When a meeting is created on this public calendar whoever opens it
|| to see who set up the meeting now becomes the "meeting organizer".
|| This is a problem because the reason someone would look for that
|| information is to see if they can get access to the room.
|| I know if the meeting is set up on a personal calendar and copied to
|| the public calendar the person originating the meeting is the
|| organizer. Does anyone know of a way to make public calendar hold
|| onto the information?
|| Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure about "kludgy" Milly, but I did get a response in the Exchange Admin
Newsgroup. The answer from another MVP was:

if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the
"from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry...

Hope this helps ladyofpern.

Christine