Shared Border

G

Hi there,

I have a group of files I would like to associate a particular style to the left and top borders and another group of files I would like to associate with another style. I am assuming I would use the cascade style sheet, so I created a style1.css and a style2.css file and included a link to the stylesheet in the HEAD of every page. However, when I modify the left border of one page it effects all the other pages as well. I only intend it to just change all the files within that group that refer to the same stylesheet.

Is this a CSS problem or is it a shared border thing?

Thanks in advance.

Nam

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You have to move those files to a individual folder and then convert the folder to a web / site
(subweb), then create a new navigation structure and shared borders.

However you host must allow you to have subweb, not all do.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Nam said:
Hi there,

I have a group of files I would like to associate a particular style to the left and top borders
and another group of files I would like to associate with another style. I am assuming I would use
the cascade style sheet, so I created a style1.css and a style2.css file and included a link to the
stylesheet in the HEAD of every page. However, when I modify the left border of one page it effects
all the other pages as well. I only intend it to just change all the files within that group that
refer to the same stylesheet.

A

Andrew Murray

as the name implies "shared" borders - the method to put the same content on
every page, so yes, it will be the same - not unique to each page if you use the
shared borders.

Nam said:
Hi there,

I have a group of files I would like to associate a particular style to the
left and top borders and another group of files I would like to associate with
another style. I am assuming I would use the cascade style sheet, so I created a
style1.css and a style2.css file and included a link to the stylesheet in the
HEAD of every page. However, when I modify the left border of one page it effects
all the other pages as well. I only intend it to just change all the files within
that group that refer to the same stylesheet.

Ask a Question