Shared Boarders

G

I am having trouble with shared boarders. I started web site in FP 2002 and used template called profile. I have since modified by removing banners and links on left, and inserted my own banner and links designs using photoshop and image ready. I also generated a .jpg to place into the boarder properties as a background. Whenever I close program and reopen, I lose the shared boarder jpg. I corrected missing shared boarder .jpg and published , only to find some pages had and others did not. Some had only left and not on top and bottom?. After many tries I have now got the boarders to publish on all pages, but still lose each time I close. Is this a quirk in the program? I upgraded this week to FP2003. I turned on shared boarders and added the .jpg background in boarder properties. Although I can see in FP2003 in design and preview mode, I cannot get them to publish or preview in a browser. Also, when I close program and reopen I lose the .jpg shared boarder. This is very frustrating. I am looking at recreating the site again from scratch to solve the problem. Please help.

Thanks,
Not looking forward to a repeated effort!

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Unique shared border backgrounds require running and publishing (using FP http) to a server w/ the FP2002 Server Extensions

--

| I am having trouble with shared boarders. I started web site in FP 2002 and used template called profile. I have since modified by
removing banners and links on left, and inserted my own banner and links designs using photoshop and image ready. I also generated a
..jpg to place into the boarder properties as a background. Whenever I close program and reopen, I lose the shared boarder jpg. I
corrected missing shared boarder .jpg and published , only to find some pages had and others did not. Some had only left and not on
top and bottom?. After many tries I have now got the boarders to publish on all pages, but still lose each time I close. Is this a
quirk in the program? I upgraded this week to FP2003. I turned on shared boarders and added the .jpg background in boarder
properties. Although I can see in FP2003 in design and preview mode, I cannot get them to publish or preview in a browser. Also,
when I close program and reopen I lose the .jpg shared boarder. This is very frustrating. I am looking at recreating the site again
from scratch to solve the problem. Please help.
|
| Thanks,
| Not looking forward to a repeated effort!

G

I am publishing to my desktop (XP Pro). The files are then uploaded by someone else to the server. The server can display the backgrouds no problem. The problem is publishing the backgrounds. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. What is up with this? Also, they never save in FP 2002 or FP 2003. Once I got just the left to save in FP 2002. But never all 3, and now none in FP 2003. If I create the backgrounds and close all pages, the backgrounds stay. However, it I close all pages and close the site, the backgrounds are lost. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong. Please let me know so I do not spend the better part of 2 weeks chasing my tail.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

They will not save unless you are running or saving in or publishing to a FP 2002 Server Extended Web
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=281532

Shared border background colors and images require the FP 2002 SE

--

| I am publishing to my desktop (XP Pro). The files are then uploaded by someone else to the server. The server can display the
backgrouds no problem. The problem is publishing the backgrounds. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. What is up
with this? Also, they never save in FP 2002 or FP 2003. Once I got just the left to save in FP 2002. But never all 3, and now none
in FP 2003. If I create the backgrounds and close all pages, the backgrounds stay. However, it I close all pages and close the site,
the backgrounds are lost. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong. Please let me know so I do not spend the better part of 2
weeks chasing my tail.

Ask a Question