share processors with windows peer-to-peer

I was reading the overveiw of windows peer-to-peer earlier and saw you could
share processors and memory with this. I have been looking into how to do
this for quite sometime. I installed windows peer-to-peer on the two
computers I would like to do this on and they are currently connected
together and can share hard drives, but how do I share the processor and
memory with windows peer-to-peer

Richard G. Harper

No, you cannot share processors and memory over a network.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

"share processors w windows peer to peer" <share processors w windows peer
to (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Tony

"share processors w windows peer to peer" <share processors w windows peer
to (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
I was reading the overveiw of windows peer-to-peer earlier and saw you
could
share processors and memory with this. I have been looking into how to do
this for quite sometime. I installed windows peer-to-peer on the two
computers I would like to do this on and they are currently connected
together and can share hard drives, but how do I share the processor and
memory with windows peer-to-peer

It doesn't mean sharing resources as in a permanent connection sharing and
running a task at the same time. It means distributed processing. The Seti
at Home project is a good example. A file is sent out from a central
computer to a client. The client computer processes the data and then sends
the results back to the server which will then send another file to the
client to process.

There are some linux programmes that can share resources over a network,
mainly graphic programs. Shrek was made using a Linux setup and when the
film was rendered, they used the combined processing power of all the
available PC's. It works on the distributed model, i.e a server would send
a file to a PC to render and when it was finished, the PC would return the
rendered file to the server.

A peer to peer network connection would be too slow and wouldn't have the
bandwidth to run a process simultaneously between two PC's.