Shade a Cell

eddie57

How can I shade a cell in Excel 2003 but when I print the document fo
it not to print the shading? Thanks in advance

Dennis Tucker

A fairly simple way to do this is;

1. When you are ready to print(but do not print), save your document as a
..CSV file. This save all the data without any formatting.
2. Close all files in excel.
3. Open the .CSV file you just created with Excel, setup your printing
preferences and print.

Dennis

Don Guillett

Sub printcleansheet()'change printPREVIEW to printOUT
ActiveSheet.Copy Before:=Sheets(1)
With ActiveSheet
..UsedRange.Value = .UsedRange.Value
..UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
..PrintPreview
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End With
End Sub

eddie57

'Don Guillett[_2_ said:
;3680975']Sub printcleansheet()'change printPREVIEW to printOUT
ActiveSheet.Copy Befo=Sheets(1)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"eddie57" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

How can I shade a cell in Excel 2003 but when I print the document for
it not to print the shading? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what your reply meant, but I guess it's some formula. I am no
that diverse in excel so I am sure what I need to do. Thanks

Don Guillett

It is a MACRO.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
eddie57 said:
'Don Guillett[_2_ said:
[...]

Is there a way to copy and paste that macro formula to create tha
macro?

'Don Guillett[_2_ said:
[...]

eddie57 said:
Is there a way to copy and paste that macro formula to create that
macro?

'Don Guillett[_2_ said:
;3680975']Sub printcleansheet()'change printPREVIEW to printOUT
ActiveSheet.Copy Befo=Sheets(1)
With ActiveSheet
..UsedRange.Value = .UsedRange.Value
..UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
..PrintPreview
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End With
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
(e-mail address removed)
"eddie57" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

How can I shade a cell in Excel 2003 but when I print the document for
it not to print the shading? Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben

Woiuldn't it be easier to just print in Draft Quality?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP