Several IEXPLORE.EXE Processes run continuously

Internet Explorer 6 keeps freezing. When I open the Windows Task Manager to kill the process, multiple IEXPLORE.EXE processes are shown. For example 5 processes will be running when ZERO or FIVE browser windows are open. The freezing occurs because multiple processes of IEXPLORE.EXE continue running. Once I kill all the IEXPLORE.EXE processes Internet Explorer begins to function correctly. This problem has become worse because ONE browser window will generate multiple processes
Apparently closing the browser doesn't kill the procees

Do you think the issue could be the popup blocker of MSN or GOOGLE
Please help, this is so annoying I want to find a different browser and I'm a hard core Microsoft user

Jason

Don Varnau

Jason,
This is probably being caused by a third-party program (adware, spyware,
parasite)

Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

If not caused by malware, consider disabling (for diagnostic purposes)
legitimate programs running in the background which might be interacting
with IE- security, antivirus, ad-blockers, toolbars & other add-ons, etc.
You may have to uninstall then reinstall, or not reinstall, a program.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.