Setting the Default Webpage on Internet Exploring

Lonnie Bonvillion

I have an HP Pavillion ze4600 Laptop with Windows XP for
personal home use. I've had this one for about 3 months.
My Internet Provider is AOL, but after I connect I like
to use the Internet Explorer browser. Normally I set my
default home page to Google, but 2 days ago my default
page somehow got set on a webpage called autosearch.cc. I
tried to change my default back to Google, but when I
restart my computer it goes back to autosearch.cc.

How did this happen & how can I reset my home page the
way I want to?

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that that the default webpage is getting reset.

Please find the related article which explains the symptom, reason and
resolution for the issue.

Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot Change Your Home Page
Setting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q320159

Hope the steps in the article resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi