Server rebooted from bugcheck....

Alan

Hi All,
Our W2K server rebooted and I found the following in the
event log with an event ID of 1001:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck
was: 0x0000000a (0x00000063, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,
0x804173a7). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump
was saved in: D:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP.
This appeared to occur directly after I remote connected
to the server from an XP client and tried to open a .doc
file. This produced the following event ID 26:

Application popup: brian.doc - WordPad: WORDPAD.EXE -
Application Error : The instruction at "0x77fcb3ad"
referenced memory at "0x74725c7b". The memory could not
be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program.

The next event was an unscheduled restart. I have found a
few similar references on the MS support site but nothing
like the above. Can anybody help.

Thanks,
Alan.

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Alan" <[email protected]>
Subject: Server rebooted from bugcheck....
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:07:09 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

[...]

---

Alan,

This is most likely not as specific as you were hoping for but you can start by looking at the following article, assuming you
have not already seen it.

165863 - Troubleshooting "Stop 0x0A" Messages in Windows 2000 and Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];165863

You could also open a support incident to have the Memory.dmp file analyzed.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

jtobbe

Alan said:
[...]

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? or find a fix

-
jtobb