sent date opening attachment with Outlook Web Access

Odd sent date when open attachment OWA

Can anyone tell me where this Sent date comes from? When opening an
attachment in Outlook Web Access I see this screen:

Sent: Monday, January 01, 0001 12:00 AM
Attachments: reject_errors.doc (2 KB) [Open as a Web Page]

When I click on the document it opens withthe correct date.
Thanks for any ideas.

neo [mvp outlook]

Sent/received dates are always computed. For example, the sent date is
based on the system generating/sending the message. It will stamp it with a
date/time/time zone information. The receiving system takes a look at the
time zone on that stamping and may adjust the display of that time to its
time zone.

I have no idea what happens if a sending system doesn't stamp the message
with date/time/time zone information, but I do know that Outlook treats
blank/null dates as 1/1/4501. Out of curiosity, do you know what version of
Exchange you are connected as it might be possible that OWA is doing
something along the same lines based on the information you posted.

"Odd sent date when open attachment OWA" <Odd sent date when open attachment

Sent: Monday, January 01, 0001 12:00 AM
Attachments: reject_errors.doc (2 KB) [Open as a Web Page]

When I click on the document it opens withthe correct date.
Thanks for any ideas.

Odd sent date when open attachment OWA

Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
It does just seem to appear when opening certain kind of attachment.
They are doc's sent by a script that runs automatically on one of our servers.
Thanks!