SendObject Access 2000

G

I ran into a situation where I am using a macro to execute a "SendObject" in Access2000

When I open the application, I go to the necessary form, hit the command button, and properly execute the macro
If I then hit the command button and try to email someone else, nothing happens. If I shut down the application and re-open, the application works fine again

Any thoughts - the macro isn't doing anything other than sending the report

G

There's a bug in Access 2000 with the SendObject. What I did was this

I created a macro that I called reopen. Use the RunMacro action after your SendObject action.

Reopen needs to do this
CloseObject (form with the command button on it
OpenForm (form with the command button on it)

This worked for me in 2000

Hope this helps
Dere

PS: There's more information on this on www.mvps.org/access "The AccessWeb" Website

----- JD wrote: ----

I ran into a situation where I am using a macro to execute a "SendObject" in Access2000

When I open the application, I go to the necessary form, hit the command button, and properly execute the macro
If I then hit the command button and try to email someone else, nothing happens. If I shut down the application and re-open, the application works fine again

Any thoughts - the macro isn't doing anything other than sending the report

D

david epsom dot com dot au

Which version of Access 2000 do you have? It is just possible
that this was fixed in the latest service pack for Office 2000
(after the release of Office XP sp1)

(david)

JD said:
I ran into a situation where I am using a macro to execute a "SendObject" in Access2000.

When I open the application, I go to the necessary form, hit the command
button, and properly execute the macro.
If I then hit the command button and try to email someone else, nothing
happens. If I shut down the application and re-open, the application works
fine again.

Ask a Question