Sending a Word 2003 document as email.

Jack Gillis

Outlook Express is my default mail and newsgroup handler.. This
morning, I was working in Word 2003 and decided I needed to sent the
document to someone via email from Word 2003 and went to File/Send To
and found the only options listed were:

Mail Recipient (for review) ...
On Line Meeting Participant
Recipient using a Fax Modem ...
Recipient using Internet Fax Service ...

Mail Recipient (for review) is grayed out!

I thought I was supposed to be able create a document in Word and send
it via email using Outlook Express. I don't have Outlook installed but
did at one time.

Can someone help me gain the ability to send an occasional document from
Word via Outlook Express?

Thank you.

Jack Gillis

Here is a follow up to my original post.

I went to a machine, my laptop, on which I had never installed Outlook
and I was able to send a Word document by choosing File/Send to/Mail
Recipient via Outlook Express. As far as I can tell, Word 2003 is set
up the same on both machines. At least that was my intention when I set
up the laptop. I do have Office 2003 SP1 installed on both machines.

It is almost like Word on the 'bad' machine never go unhooked from using
Outlook as its default mail program, but what do I know.

Will really appreciate any help with this pesky situation.

Thanks again.

TF

Two points to check:

Make sure that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that OE is
set as the default email program.
Try reregistering Word by using Start, Run and typing in

winword /r

and pressing enter.

: Here is a follow up to my original post.
:
[...]
: >
[...]

OK, Outlook Express is the default. And winword /r did not solve the
problem but I thank you very much for a valiant try.

Would the fact that at one time I did have Office 97 with Outlook 97
installed have any bearing on the problem? I removed them before
installing 2003. They were never on the laptop and it works OK in this
area>

Thanks again.

TF

Sorry it didn't help. I've not had experience using OE for email, so I'm not
really sure what else to check.

Terry

: OK, Outlook Express is the default. And winword /r did not solve the
: problem but I thank you very much for a valiant try.
:
: Would the fact that at one time I did have Office 97 with Outlook 97
: installed have any bearing on the problem? I removed them before
: installing 2003. They were never on the laptop and it works OK in this
: area>
:
: Thanks again.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Two points to check:
: >
: > Make sure that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that
: > OE is
: > set as the default email program.
: > Try reregistering Word by using Start, Run and typing in
: >
: > winword /r
: >
: > and pressing enter.
: >
: > : > : Here is a follow up to my original post.
: > :
[...]
: > : >