Send immediately when connected to exchange

TC

It seems that by default Outlook 2007 does not have the option "send
messages immediately when connected" ticked. even when using Exchange
server. The default is to send messages every 60 minutes. This option does
not seem to be available in the Office Customisation Tool to change the
default behaviour. This is confusing for staff who do not expect to have to
click send/recieve when using outlook in an exchange environment and expect
there emails to go immediately.

I can set this option by using group policy, however when a person logs on
to a computer for the first time there is no account for them when the
policy is applied. This means the policy is not set until the second time
they log on.

Is there a way I can set this option in the prf file which creates the
user's account?

TC

Emily Lin

Hi TC,

I am sorry but there is not such an option to check "send immediately when connected" during the PRF file creating. Based on my
experience, the option "send immediately when connected" is checked by default in Outlook 2007.

During the original Office 2007 installation, did you set something in the OCT to disable this option? For example, in "OCT\Features
\Modify user Settings\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Miscellaneous\Send immediately when offline", or in the "add registry keys" in the
OCT tool.

Do you mean that when the PRF file is applied on the end user's computer, this option is unchecked by default? If so, would you ask the
end user to check this option manually?

How to check the option
==========
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options .
3. Click the Mail Setup tab.
4. On the Mail Setup tab, click to check the Send immediately when connected check box.

Hope it somewhat addresses your concern!

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:53:46 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| It seems that by default Outlook 2007 does not have the option "send
| messages immediately when connected" ticked. even when using Exchange
| server. The default is to send messages every 60 minutes. This option does
| not seem to be available in the Office Customisation Tool to change the
| default behaviour. This is confusing for staff who do not expect to have to
| click send/recieve when using outlook in an exchange environment and expect
| there emails to go immediately.
|
| I can set this option by using group policy, however when a person logs on
| to a computer for the first time there is no account for them when the
| policy is applied. This means the policy is not set until the second time
| they log on.
|
| Is there a way I can set this option in the prf file which creates the
| user's account?
|
| TC

TC

Hi Emily,

If the option is supposed to be checked by default then I will need to do
some more testing to find out why our setup is not enabling it. We
experienced the same problem when moving from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.
What we are experiencing is that the option is not checked by default unless
we specifically enable it. With Outlook 2003 we did this with a group policy
which as previously noted does not work for the first time a user logs on.

My guess is that it may be related to the way we assign a default user
profile when staff log on for the first time - we copy a preconfigured
default profile to the computer when it is installed. Perhaps this is
stopping a "first run" option from running. If this proves to be the cause
then we may need to rethink this.

Tom

Emily Lin

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that you assign an Outlook profile via the PRF file to the user when he first log on. Normally, assign the Outlook profile also
doesn't affect the option "send immediately when connected".

This option 'send immediately when connected' was first added in Outlook 2000 IMO mode. This option is unchecked in Outlook 2000 IMO
mode by default. If you migrate the user settings from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 and then to Outlook 2007. This setting may be
migrated (as unchecked). If it is your situation, we can remove the related registry key to fix the issue.

1. On one of the computers, click Start > Run > type regedit, click OK.
2. Locate the following registry key.
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

3. Is there an entry named 'send immediately when connected' in the right pane? If so, set the value as 1. If it works, assign this
registry with value 1 to the end computers to fix the issue. Also, you can test to remove the registry entry 'send immediately when
connected' to see if it works.

> [...]

| > Hope it somewhat addresses your concern!
| >
| > If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| > hesitate to contact me.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| >
| > Emily Lin,
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| > ======================================================
| > rights.
| > ======================================================
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| > | Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:53:46 +1000
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > | click send/recieve when using outlook in an exchange environment and
| > |
| > | I can set this option by using group policy, however when a person logs
| > on
| > | to a computer for the first time there is no account for them when the
| > | policy is applied. This means the policy is not set until the second
| > time
| > | they log on.
| > |
| > | Is there a way I can set this option in the prf file which creates the
| > | user's account?
| > |
| > | TC
| > |
| > |
| > |

Emily Lin

Hi Tom,

How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the problem. Please let me
know how the troubleshooting steps turned out.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin)
| Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:17:58 GMT
| Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Tom,
|
| Thanks for your reply.
|
| I understand that you assign an Outlook profile via the PRF file to the user when he first log on. Normally, assign the Outlook profile
also
| doesn't affect the option "send immediately when connected".
|
| This option 'send immediately when connected' was first added in Outlook 2000 IMO mode. This option is unchecked in Outlook 2000
IMO
| mode by default. If you migrate the user settings from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 and then to Outlook 2007. This setting may be
| migrated (as unchecked). If it is your situation, we can remove the related registry key to fix the issue.
|
| 1. On one of the computers, click Start > Run > type regedit, click OK.
| 2. Locate the following registry key.
| HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
| HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
| HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
|
| 3. Is there an entry named 'send immediately when connected' in the right pane? If so, set the value as 1. If it works, assign this
| registry with value 1 to the end computers to fix the issue. Also, you can test to remove the registry entry 'send immediately when
| connected' to see if it works.
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
|
| Sincerely,
|
| Emily Lin,
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| ======================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ======================================================
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ======================================================
|
| --------------------
| | From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| | Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:20:33 +1000
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | If the option is supposed to be checked by default then I will need to do
| | some more testing to find out why our setup is not enabling it. We
| | experienced the same problem when moving from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.
| | What we are experiencing is that the option is not checked by default unless
| | we specifically enable it. With Outlook 2003 we did this with a group policy
| | which as previously noted does not work for the first time a user logs on.
| |
| | My guess is that it may be related to the way we assign a default user
| | profile when staff log on for the first time - we copy a preconfigured
| | default profile to the computer when it is installed. Perhaps this is
| | stopping a "first run" option from running. If this proves to be the cause
| | then we may need to rethink this.
| |
| | Tom
| |
| |

| | > I am sorry but there is not such an option to check "send immediately when
| | > connected" during the PRF file creating. Based on my
| | > experience, the option "send immediately when connected" is checked by
| | > default in Outlook 2007.
| | >
| | > During the original Office 2007 installation, did you set something in the
| | > OCT to disable this option? For example, in "OCT\Features
| | > \Modify user Settings\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Miscellaneous\Send
| | > immediately when offline", or in the "add registry keys" in the
| | > OCT tool.
| | >
| | > Do you mean that when the PRF file is applied on the end user's computer,
| | > this option is unchecked by default? If so, would you ask the
| | > end user to check this option manually?
| | >
| | > How to check the option
| | > ==========
| | > 1. Start Outlook.
| | > 2. On the Tools menu, click Options .
| | > 3. Click the Mail Setup tab.
| | > 4. On the Mail Setup tab, click to check the Send immediately when
| | > connected check box.
| | >
| | > Hope it somewhat addresses your concern!
| | >
| | > If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| | > hesitate to contact me.
| | >
| | > Sincerely,
| | >
| | > Emily Lin,
| | > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | >
| | > =====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | > ======================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.
| | > ======================================================
| | >
| | > --------------------
| | > expect
| | > |
| | > on
| | > time
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |
| |

TC

Hi Emily,

I have been involved with other things and haven't had much time to
investigate the issue and unlikely to have much time in the next couple of
weeks. What I have discovered is this:

1) When a new user logs on to a computer, if you prevent the prf file being
applied then there are no Outlook registry entries under
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office etc.

2) If you either apply the prf file to configure the users email OR if you
manually start Outlook and configure the email with the wizard then the
following registry entry is created:
HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
immediately=0

3) If you set this to 1 or if you delete it completely then the send email
immediately option is ticked.

As these registry entries are not added until Outlook runs for the first
time I am not sure where they come from.

Tom

Emily Lin

Hi Tom,

Are you installing Office 2007 on a brand new computer or the original computer with Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003?

When the Office applications (such as Word, Outlook) first run, it will initial some settings and generate the related registry key. It is
normal. If there is old version of Outlook on the computer, after you install Office 2007 and start Outlook 2007, it will inherit the Outlook
2003 settings.

Please double check if there is the follwing old Outlook setting regsitry key:
HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail immediately=0
HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail immediately=0
HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail immediately=0

If so, I think that you can first delete these registry keys in Domain and then deploy Office 2007. If anything is unclear or if you have
any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:42:53 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Emily,
|
| I have been involved with other things and haven't had much time to
| investigate the issue and unlikely to have much time in the next couple of
| weeks. What I have discovered is this:
|
| 1) When a new user logs on to a computer, if you prevent the prf file being
| applied then there are no Outlook registry entries under
| HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office etc.
|
| 2) If you either apply the prf file to configure the users email OR if you
| manually start Outlook and configure the email with the wizard then the
| following registry entry is created:
| HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| immediately=0
|
| 3) If you set this to 1 or if you delete it completely then the send email
| immediately option is ticked.
|
| As these registry entries are not added until Outlook runs for the first
| time I am not sure where they come from.
|
| Tom
|
| | > Hi Tom,
| >
| > How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and
| > wanted to check on the status of the problem. Please let me
| > know how the troubleshooting steps turned out.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| >
| > Emily Lin,
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > ======================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| > ======================================================
| > rights.
| > ======================================================
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin)
| > | Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:17:58 GMT
| > | Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > |
| > | Hi Tom,
| > |
| > | Thanks for your reply.
| > |
| > | I understand that you assign an Outlook profile via the PRF file to the
| > user when he first log on. Normally, assign the Outlook profile
| > also
| > | doesn't affect the option "send immediately when connected".
| > |
| > | This option 'send immediately when connected' was first added in Outlook
| > 2000 IMO mode. This option is unchecked in Outlook 2000
| > IMO
| > | mode by default. If you migrate the user settings from Outlook 2000 to
| > Outlook 2003 and then to Outlook 2007. This setting may be
| > | migrated (as unchecked). If it is your situation, we can remove the
| > related registry key to fix the issue.
| > |
| > | 1. On one of the computers, click Start > Run > type regedit, click OK.
| > | 2. Locate the following registry key.
| > | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
| > | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
| > | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail
| > |
| > | 3. Is there an entry named 'send immediately when connected' in the
| > right pane? If so, set the value as 1. If it works, assign this
| > | registry with value 1 to the end computers to fix the issue. Also, you
| > can test to remove the registry entry 'send immediately when
| > | connected' to see if it works.
| > |
| > | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| > hesitate to contact me.
| > |
| > | Sincerely,
| > |
| > | Emily Lin,
| > | Microsoft Online Partner Support
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > |
| > | ======================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| > | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| > | ======================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > | ======================================================
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | |
| > | |
| > do
| > 2003.
| > unless
| > policy
| > on.
| > | |
| > cause
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |

| > immediately when
| > by

| > in the
| > 2007\Miscellaneous\Send

| > computer,

| > don't

| > newsreader

| > | | > |
| > "send
| > Exchange
| > option
| > change the
| > to have
| > and
| > | | > |
| > logs
| > the
| > second
| > | | > |
| > the
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |

| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |
| > |

TC

Hi Emily,

I think you may have identified the problem. The computer was installed from
our standard image which has Office 2000 installed which was then upgraded
to Office 2007. This will be the same for all our computers when we roll out
Office 2007. There is a send mail immediately=0 registry key under
Office\9.0. If this is the case I just need to delete that registry key
before starting Outlook 2007. Unfortunately I will not be able to test this
for about a week but will let you know if it works then.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Emily Lin

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, please delete the registry key and let me know the result when you have time to do so. In case that it doesn't work, please
change the registry key value from 0 to 1 (instead of deleting it) to test the issue agian.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:47:34 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Emily,
|
| I think you may have identified the problem. The computer was installed from
| our standard image which has Office 2000 installed which was then upgraded
| to Office 2007. This will be the same for all our computers when we roll out
| Office 2007. There is a send mail immediately=0 registry key under
| Office\9.0. If this is the case I just need to delete that registry key
| before starting Outlook 2007. Unfortunately I will not be able to test this
| for about a week but will let you know if it works then.
|
| Thanks for your help.
|
| Tom
|
| | > Hi Tom,
| >
| > Are you installing Office 2007 on a brand new computer or the original
| > computer with Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003?
| >
| > When the Office applications (such as Word, Outlook) first run, it will
| > initial some settings and generate the related registry key. It is
| > normal. If there is old version of Outlook on the computer, after you
| > install Office 2007 and start Outlook 2007, it will inherit the Outlook
| > 2003 settings.
| >
| > Please double check if there is the follwing old Outlook setting regsitry
| > key:
| > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| > immediately=0
| > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| > immediately=0
| > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| > immediately=0
| >
| > If so, I think that you can first delete these registry keys in Domain and
| > then deploy Office 2007. If anything is unclear or if you have
| > any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| >
| > Sincerely,
| >
| > Emily Lin,
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > ======================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| > ======================================================
| > rights.
| > ======================================================
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| > | Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:42:53 +1000
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > |
| > | Hi Emily,
| > |
| > | I have been involved with other things and haven't had much time to
| > | investigate the issue and unlikely to have much time in the next couple
| > of
| > | weeks. What I have discovered is this:
| > |
| > | 1) When a new user logs on to a computer, if you prevent the prf file
| > being
| > | applied then there are no Outlook registry entries under
| > | HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office etc.
| > |
| > | 2) If you either apply the prf file to configure the users email OR if
| > you
| > | manually start Outlook and configure the email with the wizard then the
| > | following registry entry is created:
| > | HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| > | immediately=0
| > |
| > | 3) If you set this to 1 or if you delete it completely then the send
| > email
| > | immediately option is ticked.
| > |
| > | As these registry entries are not added until Outlook runs for the first
| > | time I am not sure where they come from.
| > |
| > | Tom
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > the
| > | > |
| > Outlook
| > | > |
| > OK.
| > you
| > | > |
| > don't
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > newsreader
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > need to
| > Outlook
| > default
| > group
| > logs
| > | > | |
| > user
| > preconfigured
| > is
| > the
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |

| > checked

| > something

| > when

| > no

| > expect
| > environment
| > | > | | > |
| > person
| > when
| > | > | | > |
| > creates
| > | > | | > |
| > | > | | > |
| > | > | | > |
| > | > | | > |

| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > | |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |
| > |

Emily Lin

Hi Tom,

We wanted to see if the information provided was helpful. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any
additional questions or concerns.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin)
| Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:20:53 GMT
| Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Tom,
|
| Thanks for your quick reply.
|
| Yes, please delete the registry key and let me know the result when you have time to do so. In case that it doesn't work, please
| change the registry key value from 0 to 1 (instead of deleting it) to test the issue agian.
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
|
| Sincerely,
|
| Emily Lin,
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| ======================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ======================================================
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ======================================================
|
| --------------------
| | From: "TC" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Send immediately when connected to exchange
| | Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:47:34 +1000
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | I think you may have identified the problem. The computer was installed from
| | our standard image which has Office 2000 installed which was then upgraded
| | to Office 2007. This will be the same for all our computers when we roll out
| | Office 2007. There is a send mail immediately=0 registry key under
| | Office\9.0. If this is the case I just need to delete that registry key
| | before starting Outlook 2007. Unfortunately I will not be able to test this
| | for about a week but will let you know if it works then.
| |
| | Thanks for your help.
| |
| | Tom
| |

| | > Are you installing Office 2007 on a brand new computer or the original
| | > computer with Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003?
| | >
| | > When the Office applications (such as Word, Outlook) first run, it will
| | > initial some settings and generate the related registry key. It is
| | > normal. If there is old version of Outlook on the computer, after you
| | > install Office 2007 and start Outlook 2007, it will inherit the Outlook
| | > 2003 settings.
| | >
| | > Please double check if there is the follwing old Outlook setting regsitry
| | > key:
| | > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| | > immediately=0
| | > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| | > immediately=0
| | > HKCU\software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Send mail
| | > immediately=0
| | >
| | > If so, I think that you can first delete these registry keys in Domain and
| | > then deploy Office 2007. If anything is unclear or if you have
| | > any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| | >
| | > Sincerely,
| | >
| | > Emily Lin,
| | > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | > ======================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | > ======================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| | > rights.
| | > ======================================================
| | >

| | > --------------------
| | > |
| | > |
| | > of
| | > |
| | > being
| | > |
| | > you
| | > |
| | > email
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > the
| | > | > |
| | > Outlook
| | > | > |
| | > OK.
| | > you
| | > | > |
| | > don't
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > newsreader
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > need to
| | > Outlook
| | > default
| | > group
| | > logs
| | > | > | |
| | > user
| | > preconfigured
| | > is
| | > the
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |

| | > checked

| | > something

| | > when

| | > no

| | > expect
| | > environment
| | > | > | | > |
| | > person
| | > when
| | > | > | | > |
| | > creates
| | > | > | | > |
| | > | > | | > |
| | > | > | | > |
| | > | > | | > |

| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > | |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |
| |

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your help with this. I was away from the office last week so
wasn't able to test the solution until now. The problem did turn out to be
the Office 2000 setting in the default user profile. I created a reg file to
delete the following registry key and all it's values:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

I added this to the users log on script to run immediately before applying
the Outlook 2007 prf file and it works. The default setting when a user first
logs on is now send email immediately.

Tom