Selling dvd's on music magpie.com

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Anyone else used this service? I'm giving it a whirl because our dvd collection was getting a little out of hand, We must own around 1500 dvd's and we've been storing them everywhere in boxes/storage containers and turning into a pair of hoarders!

Its a long process pricing them up as you have to input the number under the bar code of every dvd. It took me and my fiance around 2 hours to do 250 so we quit at that. We've been priced at getting £145 for around 250 dvds which is terrible really considering we have the full friends box set in there, the full charmed box set, and nearly all of them are blockbuster titles as we rarely buy crap.

ebay would just be a pain in the arse, play.com/amazon your just going to be waiting ages to sell each dvd. Taking them to Blockbuster/cex would be a pain too. Magpie music send a courier free to pick them up as long as there all boxed up.

The courier is due tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. Also I hope the courier has a strong back as 250 dvds are pretty heavy in 1 box :p.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used them about a year ago..

They give you a rubbish price for DVD's CD's and Games but its the only option of getting rid of bulk lots of unwanted stuff quickly and they know this.
The courier isn't free by the way its coming out of the price of your merchandise!
They give next to nothing for boxsets so you may want to hang on to those and carboot them for a better price, or advertise them in a shop window and sell privately for a better deal.

I stopped buying DVD's and Blu-rays ages ago due to the fact they are worthless secondhand, I now have my Blu-ray collection stored as MKV's on large portable HDD's backed up of course and no physical discs
Certainly take up a lot less space too

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I used them a few years ago as they had some hard to find stuff fairly cheap. Never sold with them though.
Boxed sets even second hand make really good presents.:cool:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Got an email from music magpie today. They said they've just received my dvd's (which they collected 5 days ago.......) and the dvd's are going through the testing stage now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Ask a Question