Security update 828749: system is damaged after installation!

Zubilo

I have installed Security update 828749 (
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-049.asp )
this morning. After rebooting machine I found that

ftp, ssh, ping and an X-server Exceed cann't connect to network (connection
refused)
but some programs like ftp client "WS ftp" or samba client still work
properly as before!
This is a complete mistery to me why it happened.
I have deinstalled the update. Installed it again - the same.

Has anyone come across the same problem? I think it's pretty dangerous to
install this update. I'm completely lost - I have no clue what happened.

David H. Lipman

What version of Hummingbird Exceed are you using ?
What is the OS that you are using ?

Dave

| I have installed Security update 828749 (

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-049.asp )
| this morning. After rebooting machine I found that
|
| ftp, ssh, ping and an X-server Exceed cann't connect to network (connection
| refused)
| but some programs like ftp client "WS ftp" or samba client still work
| properly as before!
| This is a complete mistery to me why it happened.
| I have deinstalled the update. Installed it again - the same.
|
| Has anyone come across the same problem? I think it's pretty dangerous to
| install this update. I'm completely lost - I have no clue what happened.
|
| --
| Zubilo

David H. Lipman

I just updated my Win2K SP4 PC with 828749 and tried a X Session using H. Exceed v7.0.0.0.
Using Exceed, I had no problem in accessing and logging onto Unix servers and performing X
Windows.

Dave

| What version of Hummingbird Exceed are you using ?
| What is the OS that you are using ?
|
| Dave
|

| | I have installed Security update 828749 (
| |

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-049.asp )
| | this morning. After rebooting machine I found that
| |
| | ftp, ssh, ping and an X-server Exceed cann't connect to network (connection
| | refused)
| | but some programs like ftp client "WS ftp" or samba client still work
| | properly as before!
| | This is a complete mistery to me why it happened.
| | I have deinstalled the update. Installed it again - the same.
| |
| | Has anyone come across the same problem? I think it's pretty dangerous to
| | install this update. I'm completely lost - I have no clue what happened.
| |
| | --
| | Zubilo
| |