Security for BackEnd Tables!

stelios

Hi all,

I have a FE/BE database. The BE is password protected and the FE is .mde. As
everyone knows there are programs like 'passware' where can crack the access
password even VBA project password. How can i prevent "others" from insert
the tables in an other database or make a linked table? I dont want to use
..mdw file because i have distributed it to users where they are far a way
and they are not so good users what to do if i give it to them!!

Thanks in advanced,
Stelios

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Stelios,

If you do use Microsoft Access User Level security (e.g., mdw file) and
give the Admin account the necessary permissions (e.g., do not give
Administer permissions, no permission for new tables, remove Admin account
from the Admins Group, etc) and just distribute the MDB file to the users.
Being that they do not have the MDW file they will open the database with
the Admin account permissions.

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."