secure confirmation page failure

Hi

First time to pub. FP2002 email form on SSL server worked fine except the confirmation page gives FP Error. Host noted FP's script shtml.exe may not work; so, I'm needing guidance. I will appreciate you pointing me to a solution

www.read-write-hear-speak-english.or
Here's the URL to the confirmation page on SSL server
https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/secure_registration.htm (sends by email; works fine
https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/secure_registration.htm (sending to /confirmation.htm; FP error

On the non-secure side, all works fine. Form sent by email and confirmation viewed. (using form called /trial.htm
http://www.read-write-hear-speak-english.org/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/trial.htm (sending to /confirmationtrial.htm; works)

Vijay R Gangolli [MSFT]

Hi,

This looks like a Unix server, I am not sure how SSL configuration works on
Unix, but here is my understanding.

The site and its links are fine because it works without SSL.

On enabling SSL on https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/ site,

Check if /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/secure_registration.htm is a Virtual directory
(??? - in Windows it is) and also its a GGI (.exe file) hence does SSL have
a different or addition config to be done on this???

But the confirmation page is within
https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/ and hence the confirmation page
seems to work fine.

Some unix expert could help, else FPSE on unix is supported by www.rtr.com

Regards,
Vijay

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers
no rights

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?QlBhdHRlcnNvbg==?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: secure confirmation page failure
|
| Hi,

First time to pub. FP2002 email form on SSL server worked fine except the
confirmation page gives FP Error. Host noted FP's script shtml.exe may not
work; so, I'm needing guidance. I will appreciate you pointing me to a
solution.

www.read-write-hear-speak-english.org
Here's the URL to the confirmation page on SSL server.
https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/secure_registration.htm (sends by
email; works fine)
https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/secure_registrati
on.htm (sending to /confirmation.htm; FP error)

On the non-secure side, all works fine. Form sent by email and confirmation
viewed. (using form called /trial.htm)
http://www.read-write-hear-speak-english.org/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/trial.htm
(sending to /confirmationtrial.htm; works)

Stefan B Rusynko

On the form at https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/secure_registration.htm
Change your confirmation page to a relative link w/i your site instead of an absolute URL
Change
U-Confirmation-Url="https://host163.ipowerweb.com/~read-wri/confirmation.htm"
to U-Confirmation-Url="confirmation.htm"