Secodary Zone Configuration?

eotrue

. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail)

Subject: Configure Secondary Zone?
From: "eotrue" <[email protected]>
Sent: 2/3/2004 1:10:43 PM

My DNS is not AD integrated and none of these dns servers
are located on a domain server.

It is a standard primary zone and now I am setting up the
secondary zones.
I am trying to configure the secondary zone for my
network. When I configure the network ID, I am typing the
1st three octets of my lan for that site. Ex. 192.168.1.__
I have a question.

The administration site has the primary zone server
and a secondary zone server for backup, when I configure
the Network ID for the secondary zone, I get an error
saying "Zone cannot be created, Zone Already exists". I
realize that Network ID is the same for both servers,
what should I change the ID to for the secondary zone,
when both zones are on the same lan?

Ace Fekay [MVP]

In
eotrue said:
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail)

My DNS is not AD integrated and none of these dns servers
are located on a domain server.

It is a standard primary zone and now I am setting up the
secondary zones.
I am trying to configure the secondary zone for my
network. When I configure the network ID, I am typing the
1st three octets of my lan for that site. Ex. 192.168.1.__
I have a question.

The administration site has the primary zone server
and a secondary zone server for backup, when I configure
the Network ID for the secondary zone, I get an error
saying "Zone cannot be created, Zone Already exists". I
realize that Network ID is the same for both servers,
what should I change the ID to for the secondary zone,
when both zones are on the same lan?

If it says the zone already exists, then that's saying basically that the
zone is already there and exists under your Reverse Lookup zone. Did you
already created on this server? Maybe you can provide a desktop snapshot of
your current DNS console with your existing zones?

Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.