Search for files or folders...

Mike Zadeh

I just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Now,
whenever I attempt to search for a file (Start -> Search -
for files or folders), I get an error message stating
that the facilty is not available. Then, I'm asked to
insert the Office 2000 CD. What's going on, and, what does
Office 2000 have to do with the search facility? Help!

dcdon

;o)
Who nuked my heroes post.

Hi Pegasus.
Top of the morning to you.
Or is it morning where you hang your hat?

don
---

"Mike Zadeh" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I just upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.
Now,
whenever I attempt to search for a file (Start ->
Search -
for files or folders), I get an error message
stating
that the facilty is not available. Then, I'm asked
insert the Office 2000 CD. What's going on, and,
what does
Office 2000 have to do with the search facility?
Help!

dcdon

You'd be better off with a Clean Install of W2K.
It may be fine right now, but somewhere down the
line, possibility of having trouble (and it's my
luck it would hang up before I had a good backup of
my data and other settings, etc.
--
regards,
don