Search all files not working

G

Similar to some of the other threads, I am having trouble w/Win XP Pro searching all files (*.*) for a string of text. In our case, the files have the extention of OUT. This is an arbratrary designation for what is actually just a text file. If I rename the file to .TXT, search finds the string of text that I am searching for. But not w/the extention of .OUT. What part of search All does Microsoft not get? Very fustration that the search function appears to be limited to certain prescribed extention types. Does anyone else have any experience with trying to get the Search funtion to work w/oddly-named extentions

Thanks,

D

dev

Similar to some of the other threads, I am having trouble w/Win XP Pro searching all files (*.*) for a string of text. In our case, the files have the extention of OUT. This is an arbratrary designation for what is actually just a text file. If I rename the file to .TXT, search finds the string of text that I am searching for. But not w/the extention of .OUT. What part of search All does Microsoft not get? Very fustration that the search function appears to be limited to certain prescribed extention types. Does anyone else have any experience with trying to get the Search funtion to work w/oddly-named extentions?

Try this instead, and you may be pleasantly surprised...
http://WWW.AGENTRANSACK.COM/index.asp

Ask a Question