    Thanking you in advance,
    --
    Karim434

    Karim434, Dec 21, 2008

  2. Karim434

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Malicious software ("malware") is installed on your computer.

    Make sure that your anti-malware software is running, then download the
    latest signatures and run a full scan.

    Comprehensive anti-malware software scans for all types of malicious
    software in the background, on demand and on schedule. If you don't have
    comprehensive anti-malware software, you're a sitting duck.

    For now try scanning your system with /several/ of the better online
    scanners, such as:
    Kaspersky Antivirus (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)
    Panda ActiveScan (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan)

    Download HijackThis from www.trendsecure.com. Run it, save a log, and
    post the log at one of the many sites that support HJT, such as
    spywarewarrior.com, bleepingcomputer.com, and http://aumha.net -- but
    not here. Within a day you'll have step-by-step advice from an expert on
    cleaning up any malware infestations.

    Even the best detection and removal software can't fix every malware
    infection. If none of the above remove the infection, you may want to
    show the computer to a professional. You might need to erase your hard
    drive and start over.

    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Dec 21, 2008

  3. Karim434

    Karim434 Guest

    Dear Leonard Grey,

    Still no luck. I used DiskCleanup and deleted all my Internet files and then
    thoroughly scanned my machine with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, CCleaner, Ad-Aware
    2008, SpyBot Search and Destroy, Spyware Doctor and Yahoo! Anti-Virus (all of
    them fully up-to-date). None of these found anything of consequence and
    'SeaPort' the process continued to run.

    I then used 'HijackThis' and posted the log file at SpywareWarrior. Nobody
    has responded to it (whilst some newer threads have been) leading me to
    deduce that no one there thinks there is anything worth commenting on.

    I have also used 'Services.msc' to find the process, stop it and disable it.
    Based on the location and the descriptions (including Microsoft Corporation
    trademarks) it looks about as legitimate as my Microsoft software.

    Anyway, for now, if there is something wrong on my machine, I cannot find
    it. I don't know if you can recommend anything else? I also used the Panda
    Active Scan you mentioned; as before, it did find a few cookies (which I
    deleted, again) but nothing else.
    --
    Karim434

    Karim434, Dec 22, 2008
  4. Karim434

    shankton

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2008
    Likes Received:
    0
    It looks like this might be something to do with the latest version of MSN. Even if you selected not to install any extra addon's it seems Microsoft ignore this.

    You can stop this in your Services as it is set to Automatic, I've stopped is set it to disabled and so far not had any problems with MSN or anything else.

    Hope this helps.

    shankton, Dec 23, 2008
  5. Karim434

    gazbstep Guest

    From what I gather, it's installed with Windows Live group of programs, mine
    appeared shortly after updating MSN. The only thing is its registered in
    msconfig services tab as written by "microsoft corp." not "microsoft
    corporation" though it disappears if you tick hide all microsoft services box.

    gazbstep, Dec 24, 2008
  6. Karim434

    Toby Drake Guest

    Toby Drake, Dec 28, 2008
  7. I second last two replies from Gaz... & Toby Drake.

    It is included in the Live suite (& in IE8 Beta i think?), but you need to
    always select an install option like custom or choose individually / myself,
    rather than accept suggested defaults / entire suite (depending on how it's
    worded exactly).

    If you use Win/MS Search, you may find addons that attempt to duplicate
    GoogleDesktopSearch functionalities useful-- like scan mail, other file
    types, other networked computers, etc. useful.
    I don't utilize it-- it's bloated and slow, slow like heck. It was sorta ok
    pre-Vista, but uselessly slow now.
    Some folks swear by it, i don't know how / why....the proof is in how MS
    pays users to use it.

    Dang, Lenoard Grey...a simple web search, rather than an arbritrary
    assumption, would've prevented all that.

    BTW i have this site open in three browsers-- IE(vista), FF 3.1, TheWorld
    2.41-- only the latter one displays correctly / all replies...also get an
    error message in IE that site is not available upon login to reply...what a
    black stain...

    charles langer, Jan 14, 2009
  8. Karim434

    daviedaj1

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Likes Received:
    0
    seaport caught by free firewall!!! :)

    hi to all out there who have been infected by this pesky piece of malware! have been sitting trying to fix this problem for litteraly 2 days :wall: and it looks like so far i've done it!

    ok first those of u using AVG 7.5 go and upgrade it to the 8.0 version NOW! its now free at AVG home....then if ur not already using it get ZONE-ALARM free fire wall it catches the virus :mad: "seaport.exe":mad: trying to gain internet access...it doesnot completely remove this however but does lock it away in the vault! it then gives you notification of any other similar intrusions so far so good!!

    :rolleyes: "also would like to say to any1 who has asked if this is harmful "seaport.exe" then YES if u didn't add it intentionally its harmful! like a gate crasher at a private party not invited not wanted" :p

    if u have any suggestions on which programs out there can totally remove this malware please let me know:)

    useful address... http://www.zonealarm.com download free firewall only :user:

    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
    daviedaj1, Feb 1, 2009
  9. Karim434

    Diana Guest

    Seaport.exe is part of Microsoft's search enhancement program. If you search
    your history or anything else you need this. You can find more info on this
    by going to www.google.com and searching seaport.exe

    Diana, Feb 21, 2009
  10. Karim434

    Igguidor Guest

    1st Question you may need to answer is... do you have Windows live Messenger
    installed? If yes try uninstalling the search toolbar which comes with it and
    integrates in ms internet explorer. that sea port thing will disappear.

    Igguidor, Feb 21, 2009
  11. Karim434

    Jason Gould Guest

    Like everything else the powers that be push on us, this is another piece of
    software that is basically there to SLOW OUR PC's DOWN!!! The way I see this,
    apart from the piece of spyware crap it is, is another 8MB's of memory used
    up so you can see your PC run a little slower. Ok, ok you say... 8MB's is
    nothing. Hrmmmmm, what's the old adage? Watch the pennies, count the pounds?
    How many more programs does Bill "PINCH MY PIECE OF SOFTWARE YOU'LL CALL
    WINDOWS" Gates have to force upon us before we all lick his boots? Any of
    your XP replublican lovers can lick my boots as well. Anyway... having
    problems with the latest "I CAN SEE YOU, MY NAME IS BILL GATES" piece of
    software, you can find the answer here...
    http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/25607.aspx

    P.S. Gotta love Open Source operating systems xD Go LINUX!!!

    Jason Gould, May 27, 2009
  12. Karim434

    Jason Gould Guest

    And you got this intelligent piece of information from the aliens that
    invaded your bedroom?

    Jason Gould, May 27, 2009
  13. Karim434

    Marmalute Guest

    gazbstep ...Glad you posted that ... I just downloaded Messenger Live and
    that's when it started showing up on my computer too! Thanks for your post!
    I'm not going to freak out and uninstall it since it's obviously a part of
    the program.

    From what I gather, it's installed with Windows Live group of programs, mine

    Marmalute, May 27, 2009
  14. Karim434

    Jammerjonn Guest

    This is NOT malicious software but an "add-on" BY MICROSOFT to any "Microsoft
    Live" product. See this article:

    "Karim434" wrote:

    > Dear Sir/Madam,
    >
    > I just noticed something called 'Seaport Search Enhancement Broker' running
    > in the background on my machine (Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3).
    > I've never heard of it and cannot find any information about it online.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this is, whether or not I should be worried about it,
    > what it is there for and if/how I can get rid of if?
    >
    > Thanking you in advance,
    > --
    > Karim434

    Less Spam Better enjoyable experience
    Visit : news://spacesst.com

    Jammerjonn, Jun 30, 2009
  15. Karim434

    bbgbunny1 Guest

    Hi
    I had seaport on my computer and after much research I discovered that I had
    to remove my live toolbar and aol toobar from my computer and then I could
    delete seaport. I have tried everything and could not delete seaport until I
    removed those toolbars. My computer is running perfectly now. Malware doesn't
    catch it and either does windows defender. i can live without the toolbars.

    bbgbunny1

    bbgbunny1, Jul 19, 2009
  16. Karim434

    Rtse Guest

    Leonard you don't know what your talking about..

    Rtse, Oct 16, 2009
  17. Karim434

    Tom Willett Guest

    The OP must not have looked very hard, as there is an abundance of
    information on Google:

    http://www.consumingexperience.com/2008/12/microsoft-seaport-search-enhancement.html

    "Rtse" <> wrote in message
    : Leonard you don't know what your talking about..
    :
    :
    : "Leonard Grey" wrote:
    :
    : > Malicious software ("malware") is installed on your computer.
    : >
[...]
    : > ---
    : > Leonard Grey
    : > Errare humanum est
    : >
    : > Karim434 wrote:
    : > > Dear Sir/Madam,
    : > >

    Tom Willett, Oct 16, 2009
  18. Karim434

    stackrat101 Guest

    Hello Karim434,

    I noticed this also starting to run on my computer because my Firewall
    alerted me that it was trying to access the outbound, and asked if I wanted
    to allow it. Even though yours may not ask, you can go in and change the
    access rule for that seaport program. Thought that this might also help you
    or others with this issue. Have a good day.

    stackrat101, Oct 18, 2009
  19. Karim434

    mokbel Guest

    mokbel, Nov 10, 2009
  20. Karim434

    mokbel Guest

    dear karim
    that can help u i did it and succeeded, download a firewall such as zoon
    alarm and when he ask u to permet seaport to acses to internet say no. it
    will not interput u again.good luck

    mokbel, Nov 10, 2009