Script error in IE

Lee

A lot of pages I try to access, including my own start
page that has no scripts on it, produce this error message:

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clitns
Code: 0

(The URL in the last line produces a blank page if I try
to browse to it.)

There doesn't seem to be any ill effect except for this
annoying message -- everything else works. I thought to
reinstall IE but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it,
and my Windows Update isn't working (another problem,
which MS is looking into).

Assistance would be appreciated.

Don Varnau

Hi,
This definitely sounds like a parasite/spyware problem. Work through the
solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Lee" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Don:

Did everything you suggested, so I'm not sure which
specific tip did the trick, but it sure looks like the
problem has been solved. Thanks very much!