Screen Saver Text Font: Can I make it BIG?

Fred 2002

I would like to create a custom text screen saver with HUGE font that can be
seen from across the room. When I tried to do this, by right-clicking on the
desktop and selecting properties, the screen saver tab, the 3D text option,
the settings button and finally the choose font button, I am given the
choice of many fonts but no way to size them. Is there any way around this,
or is that just the way it is? I am running XP Home. Thanks in advance!

Fred 2002

I have the slider at max already: still too small. The Marquee is better:
thanks! I would still like it larger than the Marquee maximum, though, if
there's another way.

Use the Marque screensaver or slide the Size slider in 3D Text.

David Candy

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Screen Saver.Marquee
size=<size in points>
War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
Fred 2002 said:
I have the slider at max already: still too small. The Marquee is better:
thanks! I would still like it larger than the Marquee maximum, though, if
there's another way.

Use the Marque screensaver or slide the Size slider in 3D Text.

Fred 2002

Thanks! I have not made any Registry changes yet. Might as well get my feet
wet!

Fred 2002 said:
I would like to create a custom text screen saver with HUGE font that
can

Joined
Oct 23, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"Fred 2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I would like to create a custom text screen saver with HUGE font that can be
> seen from across the room. When I tried to do this, by right-clicking on the
> desktop and selecting properties, the screen saver tab, the 3D text option,
> the settings button and finally the choose font button, I am given the
> choice of many fonts but no way to size them. Is there any way around this,
> or is that just the way it is? I am running XP Home. Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Fred 2002

Can you also use the Marque screensaver to make the 3D text screen saver fonts large in Windows 7 Ultimate as well? If so what is the path for that in the Registry? Thanks.

Last edited: