Scheduled Tasks Return Codes

Grant Baxter

Where can I find them? I've tried MS, the knowledge base, and this
newsgroup. Haven't found any definitions of what those codes mean.
Maybe I'm not calling them the right name when I look for them.

TIA,

grant

Carrie Garth

| "Grant Baxter" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Where can I find them? I've tried MS, the knowledge base, and this
| newsgroup. Haven't found any definitions of what those codes mean.
| Maybe I'm not calling them the right name when I look for them.

For Scheduled Tasks, the most common completion codes and their
meanings are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:

KB267031 - Result Codes in Scheduled Tasks Indicate an Error Occurred
in the Task
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=267031

As noted in KB267031, Scheduled Tasks Result Codes and Error
Conditions are defined in WinError.h. The WinError.h file is included
in the Microsoft Platform SDK (Core SDK install). For more
information see:

Platform SDK Update Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/default.htm

Alternatively, the values that are defined in the WinError.h header
file can be found in the PSDK Documentation via the MSDN Library
Online. For more information see:

MSDN Home | MSDN Library | Windows Development | Windows Base Services
| Debugging and Error Handling | Debugging and Error Handling: System
Error Codes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes.asp

And lastly, for Error & Event messages (Event Source: Schedule) found
in the Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc), here is a link to The download a
spreadsheet for most of them (as generate by Win2000 - I cannot find
one specific for WinXP, however this one should still be useful).

Windows 2000 Event & Error Messages (Windows2000Events.csv)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/ErrorandEventMessages/

David Candy

Programs specify their own. EG norton uses 43 (or something) to indicate no error.

For win32 errors type in a command prompt
net helpmsg <deciminal number of error>

Use Calc in Science mode to convert hex to deciminal