Scheduled tasks - logging into dial-up network

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking' started by Lalo, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Lalo

    Lalo Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to automate a process of starting
    dial-up networking.

    I can use a script or Scheduled task in Win 2000.

    My question is :

    I made Scheduled task to launch Dial-up networking.
    But I have to click on Dial button when it pops up (extra step).

    I would like to launch Dial-up-network and to
    automatically start Dial button.

    I know that you have option in c:\WIN NT\rasphone.exe
    but I don't know what to specify as a option.

    I would like to start every night same task
    (login to <blabla> network).

    Does anybody know how to do that ?

    Is there any script file exist to do the same
    from command line ?

    Thanks

    Lalo, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Lalo

    Guest Guest

    Under the properties for the dial-up connection, Options tab uncheck the
    following
    Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc.
    Prompt for phone number

    Then you can create a scheduled task for the command
    Rasphone -d Connectin_Name

    --
    Regards,

    - MPAI CITS

    Guest, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Lalo

    Lalo Guest

    It worked (when I unchecked boxes which ask for a prompt).
    I created a small batch file and it worked as I had expected.

    Thanks again for your suggestion.

    Lalo, Jan 7, 2006