Scheduled tasks "Could Not Start"

ivory_kitten

All the tasks in the Task Scheduler display status "Could
not start"
This is the error message from the log:
The attempt to retrieve account information for the
specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run.
Either an error occurred, or no account information
existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8009000f: Object already exists.

I've tried to set the account information but it won't
let me! Help!! I cannot schedule virus scans!

austinpctech

ivory_kitten said:
All the tasks in the Task Scheduler display status "Could
not start"
This is the error message from the log:
The attempt to retrieve account information for the
specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run.
Either an error occurred, or no account information
existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8009000f: Object already exists.

I've tried to set the account information but it won't
let me! Help!! I cannot schedule virus scans!

Have you tried to delete and recreate the task? The task is apparently
having difficulty with some detail about the account that is setup to run
it. If you originally scheduled the task with an account that no longer
exist on the system, you could generate this error. The easy thing to do is
to delete the task and then reschedule another. Also, you may want to hit
the Settings tab in the task properties and check the box to "Wake the
computer".

Good Luck

Carrie Garth

| "ivory_kitten" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | All the tasks in the Task Scheduler display status "Could
| not start" This is the error message from the log:
| The attempt to retrieve account information for the
| specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run.
| Either an error occurred, or no account information
| existed for the task. The specific error is:
| 0x8009000f: Object already exists. <SNIP>

Although the symptoms in the following Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article are not exactly the same as yours, and Windows XP
is not specifically listed in the Applies To section, the first part of
the resolution is easy enough to check and correct (if
necessary)...

Use the Services Console (services.msc) to make certain the
Protected Storage service is started. For more information see
the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

KB246183 - Error Message 0x80090016 or 0x8009000f
When Trying to Schedule a Task
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;246183