whenever i click on an an audio link..it opens up and plays in a quicktime
player webpage...
and i'm not allowed to save the file

can i disable this...

i even tried 'saving as' and the file does allow me to save it as a audio
file...its usually just a 'webpage' or 'link' or 'shortcuit'

T

t.cruise

Times have changed. It used to be that you could right click a link to a streaming audio
or video file, then left click Save Target As and save the actual file to your hard drive.
Or, another method was to go to your Temporary Internet files, and you would find the file
cached there after you had played it, and be able copy it to another folder. Alas, now in
many cases, web masters have made it impossible to use those methods. They do not want
you to save those files to your drive. What you have experienced is the new norm. Now if
you want change your default media player from QuickTime to another media player, you can
do that, but it will not effect your ability to save streaming audio or video files. You
can purchase a third party utility like Total Recorder for recording streaming audio files
and saving them. You can read more about Total Recorder at: http://www.highcriteria.com/

Ask a Question