Save as Web question

Trevor Lawrence

I have only recently started using PPT (2002) and I noticed the menu entry
"Save To Web Page ..."

I managed to do this OK although I had to specify charset=utf-8 to avoid
non-displayable characters
It generates a framed website page with 2 columns
Left hand column Slide number
Right hand column Slide content

Clicking on a slide number will display that page, but there are no titles
to guide one as to what the slide content is in advance.

From what I can glean, the left hand column is outline.html and each slide
number has this code

style='cursor:hand'>

I am not sure why the characters 'Â ' (Â followed by blank) appear in the
span tag, but I can change each occurrence manually to a slide title

Is there an easier way?

I found this in Help by typing "web slide titles'
Create a table of contents slide that links to custom shows

But this looks complex and I am not sure that this is what I need to do.

Michael Koerner

Here are a few things for you to look at.
Put your PowerPoint on the Web
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00708.htm

Put your PowerPoint-generated HTML on the web
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00241.htm

Make PowerPoint 2000 HTML open full screen
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00148.htm

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

I have only recently started using PPT (2002) and I noticed the menu entry
"Save To Web Page ..."

I managed to do this OK although I had to specify charset=utf-8 to avoid
non-displayable characters
It generates a framed website page with 2 columns
Left hand column Slide number
Right hand column Slide content

Clicking on a slide number will display that page, but there are no titles
to guide one as to what the slide content is in advance.

From what I can glean, the left hand column is outline.html and each slide