SATA , Win-64-bit , fasttx2k courapted, help plz im out of options

G

Hello...my problam is that im trying to install Windows 64-bit cause i got Athlon-64-bit 3200+ that works on ASUS K8V deluxe mainbord and i got MAXTOR 160gb SATA 150 HDD.
now i downloaded the last bios version 1007 and installed it and i got the 378 promise raid controolers to activate the windows sata installation i got couple difrent versions of that controoler that ASUS provided me.. 1 from my ASUS CD
secound from ASUS web-site... both for asus promise raid and not for VIA cause im using promise raid...VIA is only for 2 HDD's now i booted from my win-64-bit cd and when im hitting "F6" key and putting the floopy in, selecting Windows XP it's thinking and show's me a message that "fasttx2k is courapted" now fasttx2k is the main driver for SATA promise controller.. it's the file that supposed to be found by win xp to activate third party controllers as my sata...as i said i've tried servel diffrent asus versions of my sata controolers and servel diffrent floopy diskette's and my SATA mainbord BIOS controllers are modified just fine to work with normal win-xp as the one im typing in from now. i've thought and found only one soulation that im thinking about trying.. i've tried to install win-xp-64-bit from win-xp pro not from clean format..
so i thought that maybe that is the problem..but im affraid of loosing all my data just for one thought...and i cant figure the connection betwen the problems so i'm not going to do that until im 100% sure it will work.
so what should i do?...
im kinda out of options...
if you got to this point of reading my problem im very thanking you
and appolagize for this long message. have a nice day :)
ilia from israel.

A

Alvin Brown

Hello

Their is a MS group for Win 64bit give them a try also
does asus provide drivers for win 64bit, that's what you need
to look for

Al

Y

Yves Leclerc

Note: A AMD 64Bit Windows XP is not on the market yet. It is still im Beta
and a lot of hardware companies still do not provide 64Bit drivers. The
standard drivers for XP may noy work.

Alvin Brown said:
Hello

Their is a MS group for Win 64bit give them a try also
does asus provide drivers for win 64bit, that's what you need
to look for

Al
got Athlon-64-bit 3200+ that works on ASUS K8V deluxe mainbord and i got
MAXTOR 160gb SATA 150 HDD.the 378 promise raid controolers to activate the windows sata installation i
got couple difrent versions of that controoler that ASUS provided me.. 1
from my ASUS CDcause im using promise raid...VIA is only for 2 HDD's now i booted from my
win-64-bit cd and when im hitting "F6" key and putting the floopy in,
selecting Windows XP it's thinking and show's me a message that "fasttx2k is
courapted" now fasttx2k is the main driver for SATA promise controller..
it's the file that supposed to be found by win xp to activate third party
controllers as my sata...as i said i've tried servel diffrent asus versions
of my sata controolers and servel diffrent floopy diskette's and my SATA
mainbord BIOS controllers are modified just fine to work with normal win-xp
as the one im typing in from now. i've thought and found only one soulation
that im thinking about trying.. i've tried to install win-xp-64-bit from
win-xp pro not from clean format..all my data just for one thought...and i cant figure the connection betwen
the problems so i'm not going to do that until im 100% sure it will work.

Ask a Question