SATA Optical Drives and HDD LED Blinking

I recently switched from a Lite-On PATA DVD Burner to a Lite-On SATA DVD
Burner and now the HDD LED is quickly flashing every second or so. Disable
the drive in Device Manager and the LED stops flashing, Enable it and it
flashes once a second again. Is there a setting on the Details Tab that will
eliminate the blinky-blink? Or another setting somewhere for SATA Optical
drives?

XP Pro SP2 fully updated
Abit IP35 Pro motherboard with Intel P35/ICH9R Chipset
RAID is Enabled and the Intel RAID drivers are installed
2 baby Raptors in RAID 0
1 250GB WD SATA 3.0 HDD
1 Lite-On SATA DVD Burner

Thank You in advance

V Green

Normal.

System needs to poll removable media drives every 1 sec
to see if media has changed. Your old ones were doing it
too, but the P-ATA controller chipset apparently didn't
flash the LED when it did it. The S-ATA chipset does.

If you disable Autorun for the optical drive (Google for dirs.)
it will stop but so will Autorun.

Personally I would live with it - it's not worth any trouble you
will go through to get it to stop.

Thank You V Green.

V Green said:
Normal.

System needs to poll removable media drives every 1 sec
to see if media has changed. Your old ones were doing it
too, but the P-ATA controller chipset apparently didn't
flash the LED when it did it. The S-ATA chipset does.

If you disable Autorun for the optical drive (Google for dirs.)
it will stop but so will Autorun.

Personally I would live with it - it's not worth any trouble you
will go through to get it to stop.

Uwe Sieber

V said:
Normal.

System needs to poll removable media drives every 1 sec
to see if media has changed. Your old ones were doing it
too, but the P-ATA controller chipset apparently didn't
flash the LED when it did it. The S-ATA chipset does.

If you disable Autorun for the optical drive (Google for dirs.)
it will stop but so will Autorun.

Yes. It's the 'auto insert notification' to deaktivate.
My little tool can do it:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/autorunsettings.zip

Uwe

GeeBee58

Excellent little tool. Many thanks. I have allways hated autorun and turn it of for every type of file on CD's but it allwaays came back. Tool worked perfectly

Dragomir Kollaric

Too bad we have no clue what tool your referring to or who your thanking as
you failed to quote the person you were replying to.

At least "References" showed some worthwhile information...

He *thanked* Uwe Sieber:

From: Uwe Sieber <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Subject: Re: SATA Optical Drives and HDD LED Blinking
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:11:18 +0200

V said:
Normal.

System needs to poll removable media drives every 1 sec
to see if media has changed. Your old ones were doing it
too, but the P-ATA controller chipset apparently didn't
flash the LED when it did it. The S-ATA chipset does.

If you disable Autorun for the optical drive (Google for dirs.)
it will stop but so will Autorun.

Yes. It's the 'auto insert notification' to deaktivate.
My little tool can do it:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/autorunsettings.zip

Uwe[/QUOTE]

Dragomir Kollaric[/QUOTE]