Same font for future charts

G

I would like all my charts to have a uniform look. I have set up a user defined chart for bar charts (I made a dummy chart and named it as my user-defined chart). It works well, except if I change something! Specifically, when I change the title of the chart or the axis, the font reverts back to Arial (default).

Is there a way to change the title without it changing the font in the chart title? or is there a way to set the default font for charts only (I don't want my general spreadsheet work using the same fonts that I use for charts.

Any insight would be appreciated!

J

Jon Peltier

Klam -

Did the chart have titles when you made it into a user defined chart? If
the titles are not there, there is nothing formatted the way you want.
When you add the same element later, Excel sees no user defined formats,
and thus applies its defaults.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

G

Hi Jon, thx for the response. Yes, the chart I set up had all the elements of 'real' chart I would use.

However, when I replace the chart title in the window (the one with lots of chart option tabs like legend, data labels, etc), when I close the pop-up the chart title does not retain its formatting (Times Roman font).

Any suggestions on what I could do?

thx a mint!

J

Jon Peltier

That's weird. I never noticed that.

But you don't need to bring up Chart Options to change the title text.
Select it like a text box, click in the text, and you'll see an
insertion point. Do your editing this way, and the formats will be retained.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

G

Thx for your workaround Jon. Seems easier than trying to figure it out the other way. Thx a mint!

BTW, I've read quite a few of the other posts for tips for myself and your replies are always easy to follow and understand!

Ask a Question