SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE - icon missing in tray

Bill Hosay

I just upgraded a Gateway Solo5300 to Win2k_Pro with sp4
as a new install.
The SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE icon is NOT in the Tray.
The CD & floppy are hot swapable.

I am wondering is there a Registry setting to turn this
icon needed for hardware swapping ?

Vance Green

Pull one of 'em out and see what happens.

If the system barfs an error dialog, the options
to turn the SysTray stuff off and on may be there...

Vivien Wu [MSFT]

Hello,

I would like to suggest you to uninstall and then reinstall the CD drive.
Test to see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

--------------------
| From: "Bill Hosay" <[email protected]>
| Subject: SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE - icon missing in tray
| Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:40:30 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware

| I just upgraded a Gateway Solo5300 to Win2k_Pro with sp4
| as a new install.
| The SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE icon is NOT in the Tray.
| The CD & floppy are hot swapable.
|
| I am wondering is there a Registry setting to turn this
| icon needed for hardware swapping ?

Sincerely,

Vivien Wu
MCSA, MCSE2000 and MCDBA2000
Microsoft Partner Online Support

When responding to posts, please Reply to Group via your newsreader so