Runtime errors in IE 6

Shug Wright

Hi,
I keep getting runtime errors in IE 6 which take the
form of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, then inside
the error box it says Program:C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\i.explore.exe, then abnormal program
termination, after which I click the ok button and IE 6
closes. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried installing
IE 6 service pack 1 but no joy. Appreciate any ideas.

Shug Wright

Don Varnau

Shug,
This could be a parasite problem. Try Ad-aware, Spybot and CWShredder.
See: Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

CommonName may be the culprit
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html

Another possibility:
From Internet Options> Advanced, if you have Sun Java and Microsoft VM
(virtual machine) uncheck Sun Java.
More information on Java and Microsoft VM issues at
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Shug Wright" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Charles

I was getting the same exact runtime errors - I downloaded
Ad-Aware (Spyware and Adware eliminator - Freeware) at the
recommendation of a friend and ran it. It cleared up over
187 Spyware and Adware entries, programs and registry keys.
I have not had a single runtime rerror since. Nothing to
say about those pesky Popups I kept getting and now -
nothing! Try it - I was skeptical - Freeware and all - but
was and have been pleasantly surprised.