From: "Wieger" <p o n s t e i n@lucent>
Subject: Running two instances of Regedit.exe
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:54:20 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

For comparison I'd like to run two instances of Regedit.exe at the same
time.

I tried RunAs, SUS, and also executing a copied version of Regedit.exe with
a different name... but I can seem to be able to start a second window. It
alsways reverts back to the already open application.

I know that I could run Regedit and RegEdt32, but I'd like the same
interface... for comparison.

Anyone?
Thx
---

Wieger,

I don't know of a way to get multiple instances of Regedit open on the same system because of the way it is written. If you
simply want the same interface you should be able to run multiple instances of Regedt32.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Loskutov Eugene

Wieger said:
For comparison I'd like to run two instances of Regedit.exe at the same
time.

I tried RunAs, SUS, and also executing a copied version of Regedit.exe with
a different name... but I can seem to be able to start a second window. It
alsways reverts back to the already open application.

I know that I could run Regedit and RegEdt32, but I'd like the same
interface... for comparison.

Anyone?
Thx
You are always free to use third party registry editors.

--
Loskutov Eugene
http://www.regwrks.com