'Running Programs' closes form but app won't resume

T

Tim

Being aware of how Settings|Memory|Running Programs works (lists top level form's Text property
values, and closes that form not the app's process)...

My app hides a form as it shows a new one (as opposed to creating and destroying each time). Only one
form is top level at any one time, thus only one is listed in Running Programs. If I close the form
that's listed in Running Programs, that top level form closes, and then, since no other forms are
shown, it's not possible to get back to the application to see any other forms. If I try to restart
the app by tapping on its executable, nothing happens. I can't get back to the app or open a new one -
I have to soft reset to start the app again.

If the starting form (the one with sub Main in it) happens to be the one listed in Running Programs,
then, of course, the app closes.

I don't want to put any code in any of the forms' closing or closed events (that get fired when form
is killed in Running Programs) to try to work around this.

Is there a decent way to get back to the app w/out soft resetting and at the same time retain the
above mentioned show/hide form methodology?

Any insights into what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Tim

M

Mike

Maybe if you put some code after the showing of the new form?
So...

f2.ShowDialog()
' if we are here then f2 was closed
me.show()

Can you post some code?

Tim said:
Being aware of how Settings|Memory|Running Programs works (lists top level form's Text property
values, and closes that form not the app's process)...

My app hides a form as it shows a new one (as opposed to creating and
destroying each time). Only one

Ask a Question