running logon scripts - synchronously

Reaction score
i am a newbie.

here is what i hope to accomplish:

i have somewhere around 8-10 users who use citrix ica files to use applications on a server. one of these applications *requires* that a certain drive be mapped to a particular location. so i need to run a logon script for this application.

currently, users are logging in anonymously. there are 15 anonymous usernames in the server: anon000 to anon014. i have specified a logon script to each of their profiles. (is that wrong? should i specify logon scripts using the method in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322241#XSLTH3126121122120121120120
is it incorrect to add the script to each anonymous user's profile/properties in this scenario?)

i also enabled 'run logon scripts synchronously'. that ensures that the drive is mapped before the application is launched. so far so good.

but now i can't login using my admin username/password via remote desktop. it is running the logon script for my user as well (even though i didn't specify it in my user's profile) and when the script finishes execution, it just logs me off!

i know i'm doing something very stupid or terribly wrong. this is *very* urgent. i just need to make the scenario work: ---->>> anonymous logons, map drive before granting user the shell.

that's all! any pointers? anything at all? would be highly greatly appreciated :)

Ask a Question