Running Linux Live CD

Reaction score
Seems what ever i do to the BIOS my badly built PC (yes the one built by the ******* cretins of North London) will not boot from the CD to run it as a live version.

Any ideas what to do to get it to work??

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not a lot you can do if you cannot set the first boot drive to CDrom in the BIOS ... I find that a little hard to believe though.

Make sure that you are using the correct jumper settings on the HD & CD drive ... master & slave, if on the same cable ... "cable select" can cause some problems.

user.gif

Reaction score
if the cd is on it's own cable, it must be a master to boot from it. also, it must be seen in the bios. most bioses have on the first page the list of detected devices, and most are set to auto. this will not always detect a cd. there is sometimes another page where you are given the option to scan for disks, this one will usually detect the cd and it will magically now appear in the list. once it's there, you can usually then boot from it. good luck!

Ask a Question