rule keeping junk filter from working?

G

I have Outlook check the mail on several accounts and then I have rules set up to move the mail from each account into a separate folder. If I turn off the rules that move the mail to the folders, the junk filter picks up some spam. If I leave the rules on then the junk filter doesn't work at all (it never catches any spam messages at all). Is it possible that when Outlook uses rules to move mail around that the rule "kicks in" before the junk filter and when outlook follows the rule and moves the email to the specified folder it then no longer checks to see if it thinks the email is spam? If so, how to I make Outlook still screen for spam even if it's moving the email because of a rule

Fre

G

Just move the Junk E-mail Rule to the bottom of the Rule list to execute last

Regards, Michael

G

There is no rule for junk email. Is there a way for me to get the junk email filter to show up in my list of rules. The only ones there now are the ones I created

Bob

Ask a Question