RRAS static routes question

G

I have Windows 2003 Server, Standard Edition with RRAS, IAS, and L2TP/IPSec all working.
My client successfully makes a VPN connection, but, ...

By default, as part of the VPN connection process, the client sets up a
default route through the tunnel, so all traffic goes to the RRAS server.

What I want is to leave my "pre-VPN connection" default route in place,
and add three static network routes.

Is this possible?
If so, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Paul

G

I followed the directions in your document and it almost worked
Specifically, I tried to get the CMAK method to work

I also followed the directions in this URL
http://www.tacteam.net/isaserverorg/vpnkitbeta2/cmak.ht

The problem is that if you choose "All Users" in the CMAK profile, when you instal
the connectoid, it doesn't install the correct directory structure and files.
More specifically
C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Cm\<profile_name>\CMROUTE.DL
etc. does not exist

If you choose "My use only" everything gets installed correctly
C:\documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Cm\<profile_name>\CMROUTE.DL
etc. gets created, but after you connect and it comes time to set the static routes, I get this error in the Connectoid log

[cmdial32] 22:54:44 21 Clear Log Even
[cmdial32] 22:55:01 04 Pre-Connect Event ConnectionType =
[cmdial32] 22:55:01 06 Pre-Tunnel Event UserName = vpnuser Domain = DUNSetting = Callwave Tunnel DeviceName = TunnelAddress = tunnel.callwave.co
[cmdial32] 22:55:02 07 Connect Even
[cmdial32] 22:55:03 08 Custom Action Dll ActionType = Connect Actions Description = to update your routing table ActionPath = C:\Documents and Settings\pjc\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Cm\CWCMAK\CMROUTE.DLL ReturnValue = 0x8007000
[cmdial32] 22:55:03 20 On-Error Event ErrorCode = -2147024885 ErrorSource = to update your routing tabl
[cmdial32] 22:55:03 12 Disconnect Event CallingProcess = C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmdial32.dl

So, what's the problem

It seems like every time I try to get anything to work on Windows it "should" be simple, but it never is
I always end up with some obtuse error and have no idea where to proceed

Help please

Ask a Question